Sunday, July 19, 2009

Cabin 12

Cabin 12
  • Located 607 Pandora Avenue, Victoria, British Columbia
  • Email: cabin12gm@live.com
  • Informal, retro-fitted decor with an interesting collection of art (for purchase)
Menu offers creatively named ordinary favorites at average local prices. I have visited Cabin 12 on several occasions and sampled their full-bodied soup, garden salad, clubhouse sandwich and BLT. All were timely delivered and well enjoyed.

Staff were very friendly and attentive which added to the overall relaxed atmosphere.

I continue to look for an eating establishment that will offer smaller portions. I want a food choice that will stand alone, without the side-fillers and distractions such as salads and fries 'included'. The price should reflect the lack of extra, unwanted and wasted food.

When I see a large, heaping plate or platter headed my way, I do not get excited over the amount of food making its way to the trough, I just get overwhelmed and frustrated. Reduce prices and offer the fillers as choices/side orders. I do not want my BLT on three layers of toast, for example. Maybe this is why servers incessantly ask, "Are ya still workin' at it?"....it is like work trying not to waste food. Dining should be a pleasant and leisure activity, not WORK.

NOTE: This criticism does not only apply to Cabin 12 but nearly every dining establishment I have visited.
Restaurant Rating Scale (Rating out of ten)





Taste6


Presentation5


Décor7


Delivery6


Cost6


Location7


Washroom Cleanliness5


General Cleanliness6


Server Etiquette6










Average Score6





4 comments:

  1. I think you should try the cabin again. I've been going semi regularly since it opened and the last time I went (a few weekends ago) It rocked harder than ever before. I food was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been a regular patron as well and I agree (as I have before; no contention here) that the food is delicious. My issue is with the quantity and waste of food for those with smaller appetites. Thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is an option on menu called 'smurf' sizing stuff. Not many places offer that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news! I have not noticed this before. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete