Saturday, July 25, 2009

Wild Fire Bread & Pastry



Wild Fire Bread & Pastry

  • Location: 1517 Quadra Street, Victoria, British Columbia
  • Contact: 250-381-3473
  • wildfirebreads@shaw.ca
  • Specializing in organic cake and pastry
  • An autumn-in-the-country essence permeates the air when their oven is stoked with firewood. It creates a warm, cozy grandma-is-baking-bread feeling that stays with me as I walk down the street.
As I stand in line, their entire line of breads compete for my attention yet I can only choose one...a difficult decision. I won't freeze bread, not since the days my Mother purchased cheap, white bread (4-6 loafs per bag) and shoved them in our deep freeze/stasis...the gastronomical burial.

It is easier to choose one of their in-season fruit tarts, lavender short bread cookies or creatively, healthy personal-sized pizzas. Their charming cakes are calling me, yet I haven't yet indulged.

There is limited seating, so if there is room, I like to sit at one of the wood tables, plant feet on the wood floor and brace for incoming delectable sensations.

You can't miss the brilliant, artistic exterior murals...always a provocative socio-political ground level message.

Restaurant Rating Scale (Rating out of ten)





Taste7


Presentationn/a


Décor6


Deliveryn/a


Cost6


Location7


Washroom Cleanlinessn/a


General Cleanliness6


Server Etiquetten/a










Average Score6.4





No comments:

Post a Comment